CK1

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blogger Meets Blogger (the preview)

We are too busy watching the dissolution of the Cuban empire to write a major post tonight, but we do want to tell you all how much fun we had with our new dear friend, the former Nashville blogger known as She Said What?!? Mr. Roboto of Thursday Night Fever hooked us up, and she's every bit as sweet, generous and fun-loving as he promised. We'll post details of our amazing BBQ dinner tomorrow, but for now, here's an image of the aftermath:

Here's She Said What?!?, Kristin, Christian and Chef Aaron Robins from Boneyard Bistro. The three on the left are very happy and VERY well fed. (And alcoholed....) Aaron is just glad the workday is over so he can go drink more of the ... gosh, can you even technically call what he was drinking "beer"? At almost 12% alcohol, it was more like carbonated PGA, only much, much tastier.

Many, many, many thanks to Aaron, and all the staff at Boneyard, for the lavish star treatment we received. We'll post full details tomorrow, complete with dessert photos that will have all of you on the next flight out to L.A.

Album of the moment: Golden Smog, Another Fine Day.

2 Comments:

  • You guys rock! Thanks so much for everything...I definitely had a blast! We'll have to do it again on the flip side...next time I'm in Nashvegas.

    By Blogger Stella, at 2:17 PM, August 01, 2006  

  • Oh my gosh....After a week in "Long Island Wine Country" I am WAY behind on your nig news. Congratulations to both of you. I realize Christian that you have NO idea who I am...Krisitn will fill you in. I have really enjoyed catching up on your posts from the last week. It has been such a jog down memory lane for me. I almost died when I read about your adventure at Alice's Restaurant. My last trip to Alice's was after Dave and I got lost mountain biking in the hills around there. Dave biked out ahead of me (by this time it was pitch dark out), only to discover that the parking lot he stumbled upon was closed. Of course, this parking lot was miles from where we parked our car anyway. Meanwhile I was wheeling my bike through the woods worrying about mountain lions. Fortunately, Dave found a park ranger who put our bikes in the back of his truck and drove us back to our car. I have never been so cold, tired, and hungry. The burger at Alice's then became the best I had ever tasted.

    It sounds like your trip was just fabulous, though I suppose someone should have warned you that hiking in northern California is always uphill both ways!

    Sincerest congrats on your engagement. I am thrilled for you both!

    Katie K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home